NZ Oil and Gas takes 40 pct stake in permit
WELLINGTON Aug 26 (Reuters) - Energy company New Zealand Oil and Gas Ltd (NZO.NZ) said on Wednesday it had taken a 40 percent stake in the Albacore oil and gas permit.
The area, in New Zealand's resource rich region of Taranaki, is expected to be drilled later this year.
Shares in the company closed on Tuesday at NZ$1.65. The stock has gained around 27 percent so far this year, compared with a 13 percent gain for the benchmark NZSX-50 index .NZ50. ($1=NZ$1.46)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai