NZ Oil and Gas takes 40 pct stake in permit
WELLINGTON Aug 26 (Reuters) - Energy company New Zealand Oil and Gas Ltd (NZO.NZ) said on Wednesday it had taken a 40 percent stake in the Albacore oil and gas permit.
The area, in New Zealand's resource rich region of Taranaki, is expected to be drilled later this year.
Shares in the company closed on Tuesday at NZ$1.65. The stock has gained around 27 percent so far this year, compared with a 13 percent gain for the benchmark NZSX-50 index .NZ50. ($1=NZ$1.46)
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Libya threatens to bomb North Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port