DP World, Odebrecht enter Brazil Embraport project
(In Aug. 20 story, corrects headline, text to show company name is DP World not Dubai World)
DUBAI Aug 20 (Reuters) - DP World DPW.DI, the Dubai government-controlled port operator, said on Sunday it would acquire a majority stake in Embraport, a private Brazilian port in Santos, in partnership with Brazil's Odebrecht [ODBESO.UL].
The first phase of the project would be completed in 2012 at a cost of $500 million and operated by DP World, a statement said.
"Coimex Group, leader of the (Embraport) project since its inception, reduces shareholding, but remains a key member of the partnership," it said.
(Editing by Nick Macfie)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |