UPDATE 2-Starbucks exec Gass to head Seattle's Best
* Michelle Gass named president of Seattle's Best Coffee
* Annie Young-Scrivner named global chief marketing head (Adds detail on Gass' former position)
SEATTLE, Sept 3 (Reuters) - Starbucks Corp (SBUX.O) named Michelle Gass on Thursday to the new role of president of its Seattle's Best Coffee chain, responsible for building out the brand and managing 550 U.S. Seattle's Best cafes.
Gass most recently served as Starbucks' executive vice president of marketing and category. Starbucks in February announced plans to recruit Seattle's Best franchisees in the United States. [ID:nN02480828]
Starbucks tapped Annie Young-Scrivner to be its global chief marketing officer, a role previously held by Gass. Young-Scrivner most recently served as chief marketing officer and vice president of sales for Quaker Foods and Snacks, a division of PepsiCo Inc (PEP.N).
- Restraint marks Ferguson, Missouri protests for third straight night |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist