UPDATE 2-Starbucks exec Gass to head Seattle's Best
* Michelle Gass named president of Seattle's Best Coffee
* Annie Young-Scrivner named global chief marketing head (Adds detail on Gass' former position)
SEATTLE, Sept 3 (Reuters) - Starbucks Corp (SBUX.O) named Michelle Gass on Thursday to the new role of president of its Seattle's Best Coffee chain, responsible for building out the brand and managing 550 U.S. Seattle's Best cafes.
Gass most recently served as Starbucks' executive vice president of marketing and category. Starbucks in February announced plans to recruit Seattle's Best franchisees in the United States. [ID:nN02480828]
Starbucks tapped Annie Young-Scrivner to be its global chief marketing officer, a role previously held by Gass. Young-Scrivner most recently served as chief marketing officer and vice president of sales for Quaker Foods and Snacks, a division of PepsiCo Inc (PEP.N).
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- UPDATE 4-Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together
- Obama reaffirms commitment to Japan on tour of Asia allies
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Putin warns of consequences |