UPDATE 1-Former Def Jam exec leaving Warner Music
* Liles will remain with Warner in consulting role
* Joined company in 2004, helped take company public
NEW YORK, Sept 3 (Reuters) - Warner Music Group WMG.N on Thursday announced the resignation of executive vice president Kevin Liles, the one-time president of Def Jam Music Group known for his work with artists like Jay-Z, LL Cool J, and Kanye West.
Warner Music said Liles would remain with the company in a consulting role, but would step down from his day-to-day duties. He plans to "pursue his own entrepreneurial opportunities," the company said in a statement.
Liles joined Warner Music Group from Island Def Jam Music Group in 2004, and helped take the company public the following year. (Reporting by Paul Thomasch; Editing by Derek Caney)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |