UPDATE 1-Former Def Jam exec leaving Warner Music
* Liles will remain with Warner in consulting role
* Joined company in 2004, helped take company public
NEW YORK, Sept 3 (Reuters) - Warner Music Group WMG.N on Thursday announced the resignation of executive vice president Kevin Liles, the one-time president of Def Jam Music Group known for his work with artists like Jay-Z, LL Cool J, and Kanye West.
Warner Music said Liles would remain with the company in a consulting role, but would step down from his day-to-day duties. He plans to "pursue his own entrepreneurial opportunities," the company said in a statement.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source