UPDATE 1-Former Def Jam exec leaving Warner Music
* Liles will remain with Warner in consulting role
* Joined company in 2004, helped take company public
NEW YORK, Sept 3 (Reuters) - Warner Music Group WMG.N on Thursday announced the resignation of executive vice president Kevin Liles, the one-time president of Def Jam Music Group known for his work with artists like Jay-Z, LL Cool J, and Kanye West.
Warner Music said Liles would remain with the company in a consulting role, but would step down from his day-to-day duties. He plans to "pursue his own entrepreneurial opportunities," the company said in a statement.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, nationalist leader resigns |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Alibaba surges on massive demand in trading debut |
- Special Report: Scotland stays in UK, but Britain faces change