UPDATE 1-Former Def Jam exec leaving Warner Music
* Liles will remain with Warner in consulting role
* Joined company in 2004, helped take company public
NEW YORK, Sept 3 (Reuters) - Warner Music Group WMG.N on Thursday announced the resignation of executive vice president Kevin Liles, the one-time president of Def Jam Music Group known for his work with artists like Jay-Z, LL Cool J, and Kanye West.
Warner Music said Liles would remain with the company in a consulting role, but would step down from his day-to-day duties. He plans to "pursue his own entrepreneurial opportunities," the company said in a statement.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |