JetBlue Touches Down as Official Airline Partner of the New York Jets
* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.
- To celebrate partnership, JetBlue offers Takeoff and Touchdown Sale with travel starting at $12(a) to Jets division rivalry away-game cities for sale today only - NEW YORK, Sept. 8 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- New York's hometown airline JetBlue Airways (Nasdaq: JBLU) today proudly announced a partnership to become the Official Airline Partner of the New York Jets. The three-year sponsorship kicks off with this season's activities and also celebrates 50 years of New York Jets football. (Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20090217/NY71475LOGO-b ) Dave Barger, JetBlue's President and CEO, and Robin Hayes, JetBlue's Chief Commercial Officer, joined Woody Johnson, New York Jets' Chairman and CEO, and Matt Higgins, New York Jets' Executive Vice President, Business Operations, along with celebrated former New York Jets players Joe Namath, Marty Lyons, Wayne Chrebet and Curtis Martin, and members of the New York Jets Flight Crew, to make the announcement today at the airline's new Terminal 5 at New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport. Hundreds of JetBlue crewmembers, customers and fans were also present to commemorate the announcement. To further celebrate the launch of its partnership, JetBlue is offering a special Takeoff and Touchdown Sale with fares available for purchase today only to AFC East division cities. From New York's JFK, $12 fares (a) are available to Boston and Buffalo in honor of legendary Jets quarterback Joe Namath #12. Special $50 fares (a) are available from Newark to Fort Lauderdale in celebration of 50 years of New York Jets football. Sale fares must be booked by 11:59 p.m. MT today, September 8, 2009, and are one way. Travel must take place between September 12, 2009 and September 23, 2009. Travel must be completed by September 23, 2009. Fares may not be available on all days or on all flights. Certain restrictions apply (a). In addition to the fare sale, it was announced that later this season, through a partnership with New York Daily News, JetBlue plans to feature a "50 Years of New York Jets Football" photo exhibit showcasing exclusive and rare photographs from throughout Jets history at the airline's Terminal 5. "As New York's hometown airline, the Jets are core to what it means to be a sports fan in the city," said Dave Barger, President and CEO of JetBlue Airways. "We're the largest domestic airline at New York's JFK International Airport and are thrilled to partner with a major sports franchise right in our own backyard. We look forward to welcoming Jets fans on future JetBlue flights where they'll never have to miss a game with 36 channels of live television, the most legroom in coach, and unlimited snacks and drinks." "We are excited to partner with JetBlue, the company's first professional sports team partnership in the New York area," said Jets Chairman and CEO Woody Johnson. "Also, I am looking forward to seeing the celebration of the 50 years of this franchise in this terminal for hundreds of thousands of travelers to experience as they come in and out of this great city." "This is the perfect opportunity for JetBlue to establish a relationship with the New York Jets," said Robin Hayes, Chief Commercial Officer of JetBlue Airways. "We're a growing airline with a bright future ahead, and the Jets are starting an exciting new chapter with a new quarterback, a new coach and, soon, a new stadium. Both JetBlue and the Jets have histories rooted in New York. We're preparing to celebrate 10 years of aviation history, and the Jets are celebrating 50 years of football history. We congratulate the Jets on five decades and are excited to team up with them for the next three years." "We know that JetBlue is a great partner for the New York Jets," said Matt Higgins, New York Jets, Executive Vice President of Business Operations. "JetBlue has innovative ideas, creative branding and marketing strategies and we feel that we are both brands doing exciting things whether it is on the field or on the runway." As the Official Airline Partner of the New York Jets, JetBlue's sponsorship includes joint marketing promotions and advertising through 2012. Featured elements include a JetBlue runway and seat display as well as in-stadium signage and videoboard features at both the team's current stadium and the New Meadowlands Stadium. Other elements include social media and interactive fan engagement activities, such as entitlement of "Randy's Radar" blog, e-mail marketing, special JetBlue fares to away games, and activities with the New York Jets Flight Crew. In addition, JetBlue will partner with the Jets for special events throughout the year at the airline's Terminal 5 at JFK. JetBlue has also committed to supporting the Jets Foundation and associated programs throughout the New York metropolitan area as part of this partnership. Customers enjoy JetBlue's award-winning customer service and in-flight experience, including all-leather seats with personal seatback TVs and Lots of Legroom. When jetting between destinations in the continental U.S., customers are treated to 36 channels of free live, DIRECTV(R) programming, including FOX, CBS and NBC as well as ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN News, ESPN U and Setanta Sports. A selection of JetBlue Features movies is also available for a small charge. Customers can surf more than 100 channels of XM Satellite Radio(R). About JetBlue Airways New York-based JetBlue Airways has created a new airline category based on value, service and style. In 2009, the carrier ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Low-Cost Carriers in North America" by J.D. Power and Associates, a customer satisfaction recognition received for the fifth year in a row. Known for its award-winning service and free TV as much as its low fares, JetBlue is now pleased to offer customers Lots of Legroom and super-spacious Even More Legroom seats. JetBlue introduced complimentary in-flight e-mail and instant messaging services on aircraft "BetaBlue," a first among U.S. domestic airlines. JetBlue is also America's first and only airline to offer its own Customer Bill of Rights, with meaningful and specific compensation for customers inconvenienced by service disruptions within JetBlue's control. Visit www.jetblue.com/promise for details. JetBlue serves 56 cities with 650 daily flights. New service to Baltimore begins on September 9. The airline also intends to commence service to Barbados (October 1); Saint Lucia (October 26); and Kingston, Jamaica (October 30). With JetBlue, all seats are assigned, all travel is ticketless, all fares are one-way, and an overnight stay is never required. For information or reservations call 1-800-JET-BLUE (1-800-538-2583), TTY/TDD 1-800-336-5530 or visit www.jetblue.com. (a) Travel must be booked by September 8, 2009, 11:59 PM MT. All fares are subject to change without notice. Travel costs $15 more per person if purchased by telephone, or at an airport or city ticket office. Fares require up to a 4-day advance purchase. Travel must take place between September 12, 2009 and September 23, 2009. Travel must be completed by September 23, 2009. Fares may not be available on all days or on all flights. Fares are most often found on midweek travel dates. All fares must be purchased at time of reservation, and are one-way, nonrefundable, and nontransferable. Cancellations and changes can be made prior to scheduled departure for $100 per person at 1-800-JETBLUE (1-800-538-2583), TTY/TDD 1-800-336-5530, or at jetblue.com, with applicable fare adjustment. Cancellations are for a JetBlue travel credit only, which is valid for one year. If a reservation is not changed or canceled prior to scheduled departure, all money associated with the reservation is forfeited. Fares do not include Passenger Facility Charges of up to $9 each way, September 11th Security Fees of up to $5 each way and a Federal Segment Tax of $3.60 per domestic segment. A segment is a takeoff and landing. All taxes and fees must be paid at the time of purchase. JetBlue reserves the right to deny boarding to passengers without proper documentation. A second bag fee of $30 applies. DIRECTV(r) service is not available on flights outside the continental US. Other restrictions apply. (C)2009 JetBlue Airways SOURCE JetBlue Airways JetBlue Corporate Communications, CorporateCommunications@jetblue.com, +1-718-709-3089; JetBlue Reservations, (800) JET-BLUE (538-2583), TTY/TDD: 1-800-336-5530
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |