Hurricane Fred grows to Category 3 storm
MIAMI, Sept 9 (Reuters) - Hurricane Fred strengthened into a Category 3 storm over the eastern Atlantic on Wednesday but was forecast to steer clear of any land, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said.
Fred had top winds of 120 miles per hour (195 km per hour) and was located west of the Cape Verde Islands off the west coast of Africa. (Reporting by Jim Loney)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Bitter cold, ice slam U.S. East Coast; South still freezing
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote