Catholic Healthcare West Responds to President Barack Obama`s Health Care Reform Speech
* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.
Attribute to Lloyd H. Dean, President/CEO, Catholic Healthcare West SAN FRANCISCO--(Business Wire)-- "At CHW, we live everyday with the challenges President Obama outlined in his speech tonight - we see the real life effects of our broken health care system. The President has redefined the debate in a way that we can now bring a conclusion to this process. America needs a reform plan that controls costs and provides basic health care for the people in the country who don`t have it. Most importantly, we fervently agree that doing nothing is not an option. Congress and the President must act now." About Catholic Healthcare West Catholic Healthcare West (CHW) is the eighth largest hospital system in the nation and the largest not-for-profit hospital provider in California. Founded in 1986, the CHW network of more than 10,000 physicians and approximately 53,000 employees serves a population spanning 22 million people at 41 hospitals across California, Arizona, and Nevada. CHW is committed to delivering compassionate, high-quality, affordable health care services with special attention to the poor and underserved. In 2008, CHW provided $967 million in charity care, community benefits, and unreimbursed patient care. For more information, please visit our website at www.chwHEALTH.org. Catholic Healthcare West Tricia Griffin, 415-438-5524 Copyright Business Wire 2009
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |
- Argentina defaults but investors see eventual deal possible
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’