Mortars hit Baghdad Green Zone during Biden visit
BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Militants fired several mortar bombs or rockets into Baghdad's fortified Green Zone diplomatic compound on Tuesday, during a visit by U.S. Vice President Joe Biden to the Iraqi capital, police said.
Iraqi police in the Green Zone said two suspected mortar bombs landed near the U.S. embassy compound but did not hit it. There were no reports of casualties. Biden's exact whereabouts were not immediately known.
(Editing by Jon Boyle)
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |