- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Arizona killer who asked for speedy execution found dead in cell
- Actor James Gandolfini, star of 'The Sopranos,' dies in Italy
- UPDATE 2-Storm Barry heads for Mexico Gulf coast oil installations
- New generation of elite universities rises around the globe
HK-listed CITIC Pacific aims for China listing -paper
HONG KONG, Sept 17 |
HONG KONG, Sept 17 (Reuters) - Steel-to-property conglomerate CITIC Pacific Ltd (0267.HK) aims to list in China, joining other Hong Kong-listed top Chinese firms that would like to list in their home market, media reported on Thursday.
"We are interested in obtaining a listing in Shanghai, if regulations permit," a spokeswoman for the company told the South China Morning Post.
She declined to say if the company had hired CITIC Securities to underwrite any offering, the newspaper reported.
CITIC Pacific's intention to list in its home market comes as China prepares to loosen regulations that currently forbid such listings for companies such as CITIC Pacific that are technically based overseas.
Other Hong Kong-listed Chinese firms that have expressed an interest in Shanghai or Shenzhen listings when rules allow include dominant mobile carrier China Mobile (0941.HK), top PC maker Lenovo Group Ltd (0992.HK) and top offshore oil producer CNOOC (0883.HK).
(Reporting by Doug Young; Editing by Ken Wills)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this