AFSCME President McEntee: "Finance Committee Health Care Bill is Deeply Flawed"
* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.
WASHINGTON, Sept. 16 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The following was released today by the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees: "The Senate Finance Committee health care bill is deeply flawed. It does not come close to meeting the needs of America's working families. Nor does it meet the standards President Obama laid out in his address last week to Congress. There is no employer mandate, no public option, no help for retirees. The bill weakens state insurance regulations and taxes health plans that provide benefits for many middle class families. This bill fails to provide good, affordable coverage and does not protect families from medical bankruptcy. It is unacceptable. We call upon members of the Finance Committee to fix this bill." SOURCE American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees Tiffany Ricci of American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, +1-202-429-1145
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South