UPDATE 1-WWE says CEO resigns, names chairman as new CEO
* Says Linda McMahon steps down to run for U.S. Senate
* Names Chairman Vince McMahon new CEO
Sept 16 (Reuters) - World Wrestling Entertainment Inc (WWE.N) said Chief Executive Linda McMahon resigned to run for the U.S. Senate and named Chairman Vince McMahon to the post.
Linda McMahon, a co-founder of the company and wife of Vince McMahon, plans to contest from the state of Connecticut, the company said in a statement.
Shares of the sports entertainer -- which stages live and televised professional wrestling matches -- closed at $14.24 Tuesday on the New York Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Vidya Lakshmi in Bangalore; Editing by Unnikrishnan Nair)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- NYC police say hatchet attack by Islam convert was terrorism |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |