UPDATE 1-WWE says CEO resigns, names chairman as new CEO
* Says Linda McMahon steps down to run for U.S. Senate
* Names Chairman Vince McMahon new CEO
Sept 16 (Reuters) - World Wrestling Entertainment Inc (WWE.N) said Chief Executive Linda McMahon resigned to run for the U.S. Senate and named Chairman Vince McMahon to the post.
Linda McMahon, a co-founder of the company and wife of Vince McMahon, plans to contest from the state of Connecticut, the company said in a statement.
Shares of the sports entertainer -- which stages live and televised professional wrestling matches -- closed at $14.24 Tuesday on the New York Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Vidya Lakshmi in Bangalore; Editing by Unnikrishnan Nair)
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |