UPDATE 1-WWE says CEO resigns, names chairman as new CEO
* Says Linda McMahon steps down to run for U.S. Senate
* Names Chairman Vince McMahon new CEO
Sept 16 (Reuters) - World Wrestling Entertainment Inc (WWE.N) said Chief Executive Linda McMahon resigned to run for the U.S. Senate and named Chairman Vince McMahon to the post.
Linda McMahon, a co-founder of the company and wife of Vince McMahon, plans to contest from the state of Connecticut, the company said in a statement.
Shares of the sports entertainer -- which stages live and televised professional wrestling matches -- closed at $14.24 Tuesday on the New York Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Vidya Lakshmi in Bangalore; Editing by Unnikrishnan Nair)
- U.S. forces carry out operation against al-Shabaab in Somalia
- Fast-food workers to launch intensified protests across U.S.
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Asian stocks slip, euro hits one-year low on ECB uncertainty
- Fiji says Syrian rebels want compensation, removal from terror list