Sept 17 (Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq at 1900 GMT on Thursday.
* Denotes a new or updated item.
TAL AFAR - A suicide bomber drove a truck into a police checkpoint, killing three civilians and wounding three policeman in Tal Afar, 420 km (260 miles) northwest of Baghdad, police said.
* ZAMMAR - A bomb planted in a parked car wounded two members of Kurdish security forces and two civilians in Zammar, 440 km (270 miles) northwest of Baghdad, police said.
* BAGHDAD - A mortar or rocket round landed near a well-known hotel in central Baghdad, wounding four people, Iraqi police said. The U.S. military said two more rounds landed in the heavily fortified Green Zone across the river from the hotel.
* ABU GHRAIB - Two militants were killed and another was wounded as they engineered a car bomb in Abu Ghraib district of western Baghdad, the office of Baghdad security spokesman Major-General Qassim al-Moussawi said.
* MOSUL - Police found the body of a man with gunshot wounds to the head and chest in central Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad.
* MOSUL - Gunmen in killed a civilian in a drive-by shooting in Mosul, police said.
* MOSUL - Gunmen stormed a shop in Mosul and wounded the vendor, police said.
BAGHDAD - A bomb attached to a car wounded two civilians in Adhamiya district, northern Baghdad, police said.
TUZ KHURMATO - A roadside bomb targeting a Kurdish security force patrol killed two and wounded one in Tuz Khurmato, 170 km (105 miles) north of Baghdad, on Wednesday, police said.
BAQUBA - A car bomb exploded in a market, wounding five civilians in the town of Ghalibiya, northwest of Baquba, 65 km (40 miles) north of Baghdad, on Wednesday, police said.
BAGHDAD - A rocket landed and wounded two civilians in Karrada, central Baghdad, on Wednesday, police said. The rocket was apparently aimed at the fortified Green Zone but it landed on the other side of the river.
BAGHDAD - A bomb attached to a car wounded one civilian in the Adhamiya district of northern Baghdad on Wednesday, police said.
MOSUL - A roadside bomb targeting an Iraqi army patrol wounded one soldier and one civilian in western Mosul, on Wednesday, police said.