- UK opposition party leader says Google tax behavior 'wrong'
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One with Spielberg, Activision tie-up
- White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- Senate panel passes immigration bill; Obama praises move
- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
Dexia to cut 554 jobs by 2011 - paper
BRUSSELS, Sept 25 |
BRUSSELS, Sept 25 (Reuters) - Belgian-French financial services group Dexia (DEXI.BR) plans to cut 554 posts between now and 2011, Belgian business daily L'Echo said on its website on Friday (www.lecho.be).
It added 416 of the jobs to go would be in Belgium, including about 250 in IT and back office functions and some 150 in its commercial and branch activities.
L'Echo said Dexia informed its European works council of the job cuts on Friday morning.
Dexia declined to comment on the report. It said in January it planned to axe 900 jobs this year. (Writing by Philip Blenkinsop; Editing by David Cowell)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this