11 Iraqi soldiers killed in bomb disposal accident
MOSUL, Iraq, Sept 25 (Reuters) - Eleven Iraqi soldiers were killed on Friday in a roadside bomb disposal accident in northern Iraq, Iraqi security officials said.
The soldiers were trying to detonate a number of bombs in a vacant area in Bashika, east of the city of Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, when the explosion took place, a senior police source said on condition of anonymity. (Editing by Charles Dick)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message