11 Iraqi soldiers killed in bomb disposal accident
MOSUL, Iraq, Sept 25 (Reuters) - Eleven Iraqi soldiers were killed on Friday in a roadside bomb disposal accident in northern Iraq, Iraqi security officials said.
The soldiers were trying to detonate a number of bombs in a vacant area in Bashika, east of the city of Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, when the explosion took place, a senior police source said on condition of anonymity. (Editing by Charles Dick)
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist |
- Police move against protesters as calm dissolves in Ferguson, Missouri
- 'No' from one Iraq villager triggered Islamic State mass killings |
- Islamic State says beheads U.S. journalist, holds another
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |