11 Iraqi soldiers killed in bomb disposal accident
MOSUL, Iraq, Sept 25 (Reuters) - Eleven Iraqi soldiers were killed on Friday in a roadside bomb disposal accident in northern Iraq, Iraqi security officials said.
The soldiers were trying to detonate a number of bombs in a vacant area in Bashika, east of the city of Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, when the explosion took place, a senior police source said on condition of anonymity. (Editing by Charles Dick)
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources