UPDATE 1-DynCorp looks to expand intelligence services
* Company to buy Phoenix Consulting
* Shares up 2.97 pct
ATLANTA, Sept 28 (Reuters) - Defense contractor DynCorp International Inc DCP.N on Monday said it would acquire Phoenix Consulting Group in a bid to expand services in intelligence and national security.
Terms weren't disclosed but DynCorp, which provides intelligence support to protect U.S. diplomats in high-threat countries, said it expects to fund the purchase with cash on hand.
Phoenix, a private company based in Alexandria, Virginia, provides training in intelligence, counterintelligence and special operations.
Shares of DynCorp, based in Falls Church, Virginia, rose 52 cents to $18.02 in afternoon trading. (Reporting by Karen Jacobs; editing by Carol Bishopric)
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Alibaba IPO prices at top of range, raising $21.8 billion |
- Two adults, six children dead in Florida shooting: report