Tsunami causes deaths in American Samoa-US park service
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept 29
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept 29 (Reuters) - A tsunami following an earthquake in the Pacific Ocean off has caused some deaths in American Samoa , but there is no word of how many died, an official for the U.S. National Park Service said on Tuesday.
Holly Bundock, spokeswoman for the National Park Service's Pacific West Region in Oakland, California, quoted Mike Reynolds, superintendent of the National Park of American Samoa, as saying there had been some deaths.
(Reporting by Jim Christie, Editing by Howard Goller)
- Somali officials say U.S. struck where al Shabaab were meeting
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Risk appetite flickers as ECB bets hold down euro