Tsunami causes deaths in American Samoa-US park service
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept 29
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept 29 (Reuters) - A tsunami following an earthquake in the Pacific Ocean off has caused some deaths in American Samoa , but there is no word of how many died, an official for the U.S. National Park Service said on Tuesday.
Holly Bundock, spokeswoman for the National Park Service's Pacific West Region in Oakland, California, quoted Mike Reynolds, superintendent of the National Park of American Samoa, as saying there had been some deaths.
(Reporting by Jim Christie, Editing by Howard Goller)
- Fired UPS worker kills two supervisors, self, in Alabama shooting
- Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violating election law
- Bin Laden son-in-law sentenced to life in U.S. prison
- Australia police kill 'terror suspect' after two officers stabbed
- Islamic State blows away Gulf qualms about joining U.S. military action