Jessica Alba eyes "Fockers"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Jessica Alba is becoming a Focker.
The actress is in negotiations to join the Ben Stiller/Robert DeNiro comedy "Little Fockers." She'd play the role of an attractive pharmaceutical rep whose looks wreak havoc on male characters in the story.
Paul Weitz is directing the third installment in the successful Universal and Tribeca Productions franchise. Production is set to begin in the next few months, with a 2010 release date likely.
The picture is expected to pick up where 2004's "Meet the Fockers" left off, with Stiller's Gaylord Focker and Teri Polo's Pamela Byrnes becoming parents. John Hamburg, one of the screenwriters on the earlier film, wrote the latest version of the script.
Alba is set to star in the Robert Rodriguez thriller "Machete" as well as Garry Marshall's romantic comedy "Valentine's Day."
(Editing by SheriLinden at Reuters)
- Bible left in North Korean sailor's club triggered U.S. tourist's arrest
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- U.S. House passes border-security funding bill to speed deportations |
- Israel looks for missing soldier; Hamas says he may have been killed |
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight