Lady Gaga to tour without Kanye West
NEW YORK (Billboard) - Lady Gaga said both she and Kanye West decided to cancel their upcoming "Fame Kills" tour of North American arenas, and that she will embark on her own headlining trek soon while West drops out of the spotlight.
"It was a mutual decision," Gaga said Friday. "Kanye's going to take some time off. But the good news is that I'm going on tour in a few weeks."
Lori Ann Gibson, Gaga's longtime choreographer, claimed on her Twitter feed that "creative differences" between the Gaga and West led to the tour's abrupt demise.
The cancellation, announced Thursday with no official reason given, came just days after the two stars announced the tour dates. The cancellation followed a wave of negative publicity for West in the wake his interruption of Taylor Swift's acceptance speech at the MTV Video Music Awards last month.
Lady Gaga was speaking as she arrived at Billboard's Women in Music Event where she receiving the Rising Star award.
(Editing by DGoodman at Reuters)
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media