S.Korea Hana Financial considering rights offering
SEOUL Oct 5 (Reuters) - Hana Financial Group (086790.KS), South Korea's No.4 banking group, said on Monday that it was considering issuing new shares, but that no decision had been made.
The Maeil Business Newspaper reported earlier in the day Hana was seeking to raise 1 trillion-2 trillion won ($853 million-$1.7 billion) in a rights offering, which Hana had initially dismissed as unfounded.
"Our company is considering a rights offering as part of our capital plan, with a limit to preserve our shareholder value," Hana said. "As of today, no details have been decided." (Reporting by Rhee So-eui and Cheon Jong-woo; Editing by Chris Lewis)
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source