8.1 magnitude earthquake strikes northwest of Vanuatu
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - An 8.1 magnitude earthquake struck off the northwest of Santo, Vanuatu, the U.S. Geological Survey said on Wednesday.
The epicenter of the quake was located 232 miles north-northwest of Santo, Vanuatu, at a depth of 20.5 miles, the agency said.
There were no immediate reports of injuries or damage and no tsunami warning was issued.
(Writing by World Desk Americas)
- Malaysian plane may have flown hours after losing contact: WSJ |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ
- Malaysia failing credibility test as flight confusion deepens
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source