Kraft opens $50 mln Russian biscuit factory
SOBINKA, Russia Oct 14 (Reuters) - Kraft Foods Inc KFT.N opened a $50 million biscuit factory in Russia on Wednesday as it continues to increase investments in one of its 10 priority regions.
The factory, located in the town of Sobinka in the Vladimir region, about 150 km (94 miles) east of Moscow, will produce the Yubileynoye, Barny, Prichuda and Chocobarokko biscuit brands.
Kraft, North America's biggest food group, already has a confectionery plant and coffee-producing facilities in Russia. Its sales in Russia exceeded 24 billion roubles ($814 million) in 2008. (Reporting by Maria Kiselyova, editing by Will Waterman) ($1=29.50 Rouble)
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source