Jesse Jackson to Speak at CAIR Banquet
* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.
Civil rights leader to address Muslim civil liberties group WASHINGTON, Oct. 16 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- On Saturday, October 24, Rev. Jesse Jackson, one of the nation's leading civil rights activists, will speak at the 15th annual banquet of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) in Arlington, Va. WHAT: CAIR 15th Annual Banquet: "Leading the Change: 15 Years of Service" WHEN: Saturday, October 24, 2009 Registration begins at 5:30 p.m., Program begins at 7 p.m. WHERE: Marriott Crystal Gateway, 1700 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA CAIR is America's largest Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization. Its mission is to enhance the understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding. CONTACT: CAIR National Communications Director Ibrahim Hooper, 202-488-8787 or 202-744-7726, E-Mail: email@example.com; CAIR Communications Coordinator Amina Rubin, 202-488-8787 or 202-341-4171, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Council on American-Islamic Relations Ibrahim Hooper, CAIR National Communications Director, +1-202-488-8787, +1-202-744-7726, email@example.com; or Amina Rubin, CAIR Communications Coordinator, +1-202-488-8787, +1-202-341-4171, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official |
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea