Avon calls on singer Fergie for new fragrance
CHICAGO (Reuters) - Black Eyed Peas singer Fergie is working with Avon Products Inc to develop a perfume that will debut next year.
Fergie will work with in developing the fragrance, packaging, name and campaign, Avon said.
The product will be sold by Avon representatives outside of the United States in August 2010. U.S. representatives will start selling it in November 2010, in time for the holiday season.
Fergie's partnership with the company will kick off this month, when she performs at the Avon Foundation for Women Annual Gala Event in New York on October 27, the company said.
The world's largest direct seller of cosmetics has had similar deals with other celebrities, including Reese Witherspoon, Patrick Dempsey, Courteney Cox and Derek Jeter.
Besides her career with The Black Eyed Peas, Fergie also released a solo album, "The Dutchess," in 2006. The Black Eyed Peas have had hits including "Where is the Love?" and "My Humps."
Fergie, 34, has dabbled in acting including a role on the children's television series "Kids Incorporated" in the 1980s. She is set to appear in the movie "Nine" later this year.
Fergie, whose real name is Stacy Ferguson, married actor Josh Duhamel in January.
(Reporting by Jessica Wohl, editing by Leslie Gevirtz)
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- Fresh confrontations raise tempers on ground in Crimea |