Boyzone to bring Gately's body back to Ireland
MALLORCA (Reuters) - Members of Irish boy band Boyzone were on the Spanish Island of Mallorca Friday to take the body of bandmate Stephen Gately back to Dublin where he will be buried Saturday, band member Ronan Keating said.
"We flew to Mallorca today to accompany our pal on his final journey back to Dublin where we know he will be given an unforgettable send off tomorrow," Keating told reporters.
A post mortem revealed Tuesday that 33-year-old Gately died of natural causes due to fluid on the lungs at his home in Mallorca last weekend.
(Reporting by Marco Trujillo; writing by Jonathan Gleave, editing by Paul Casciato)
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- EU wields Russia sanctions threat but timing vague |
- F-16s dispatched for unresponsive pilot of small plane near D.C.
- Polish president warns Germany of Putin's 'empire' ambitions
- Car tied to suspected threat against Obama found in Connecticut