Fans line Dublin streets for Boyzone singer's funeral
DUBLIN (Reuters) - Some 3,000 people lined the streets on Saturday for the funeral of Boyzone singer Stephen Gately, who died on the island of Majorca a week ago.
The four remaining members of the Irish boy band sang and spoke at the service which fans listened to through speakers around St Laurence O'Toole Church where locals had swept pavements and painted fences in preparation on Friday.
Gately's Boyzone bandmates, who spent the night in the church with his body, helped carry the coffin out of the church.
A post mortem revealed on Tuesday that 33-year-old Gately died of natural causes due to fluid on the lungs at his home on the Spanish island last weekend.
- Rebellious Nevada rancher's slavery remarks dim Republican support
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Search for missing Malaysian jet may take years: U.S. official
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Exclusive: Obama may call EU leaders in Russia sanctions push - sources