Iran says enrichment not linked to fuel supply
TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran will continue its uranium enrichment activities despite talks to buy fuel for its Tehran reactor from abroad, Foreign Minister Manouvchehr Mottaki said on Tuesday.
"These issues are not related. Iran will continue its uranium enrichment. It is not linked to buying fuel from abroad," Mottaki told a news conference, broadcast live on state television.
(Writing by Parisa Hafezi, Tehran newsroom)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in New York stable; nurse is virus-free
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement