Tweeters ask: is there anybody (famous) there?
LONDON (Reuters Life!) - Tweeters are being invited to submit questions for the spirits of departed celebrities including Michael Jackson and William Shakespeare as part of the world's first Twitter seance.
A psychic medium will then try to contact the stars -- who were chosen along with actor River Phoenix and Nirvana's Kurt Cobain from nominations sent in by the public -- at the London-based seance Friday, the day before Halloween.
Other prominent dead figures nominated by tweeters keen to pose questions during the "tweance" included John Lennon, Marilyn Monroe, Abraham Lincoln and Houdini.
Twitter users will be able to follow the seance live on the micro-blogging site, which psychic Jayne Wallace will use to relay any responses she receives from the spirits.
(Reporting by Kylie MacLellan; Editing by Steve Addison)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
Protesters block several main streets in Kiev, responding to calls from opposition leaders to defend their demonstration from possible police intervention. Slideshow