Actor Idris Elbia developing NBC legal drama
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Idris Elba, the British actor who starred in seven episodes of "The Office" last season, is staying in business with NBC.
Elba will serve as an executive producer of an untitled legal drama about a vigilante lawyer who uses any means necessary to defend his clients against a corrupt district attorney and city establishment.
It was written by feature scribes Sean O'Keefe and Will Staples. David Eick ("Battlestar Galactica") will also executive produce.
Elba recently wrapped the Warner Bros. feature "Losers" and will next be seen in the ensemble thriller "Takers," which opens in February via Screen Gems.
- Gaza death toll rises; Hamas fires rockets at Tel Aviv |
- Ukraine jets pound rebels after deadly missile attack |
- Female Yahoo executive sued for sexual harassment
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Trump Plaza in Atlantic City to close, adding to city's woes: report