Actor Idris Elbia developing NBC legal drama
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Idris Elba, the British actor who starred in seven episodes of "The Office" last season, is staying in business with NBC.
Elba will serve as an executive producer of an untitled legal drama about a vigilante lawyer who uses any means necessary to defend his clients against a corrupt district attorney and city establishment.
It was written by feature scribes Sean O'Keefe and Will Staples. David Eick ("Battlestar Galactica") will also executive produce.
Elba recently wrapped the Warner Bros. feature "Losers" and will next be seen in the ensemble thriller "Takers," which opens in February via Screen Gems.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |