Actor Idris Elbia developing NBC legal drama
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Idris Elba, the British actor who starred in seven episodes of "The Office" last season, is staying in business with NBC.
Elba will serve as an executive producer of an untitled legal drama about a vigilante lawyer who uses any means necessary to defend his clients against a corrupt district attorney and city establishment.
It was written by feature scribes Sean O'Keefe and Will Staples. David Eick ("Battlestar Galactica") will also executive produce.
Elba recently wrapped the Warner Bros. feature "Losers" and will next be seen in the ensemble thriller "Takers," which opens in February via Screen Gems.
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media