- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Stockholm calmer but violence spreads outside Swedish capital |
Anna Faris, Dan Aykroyd drawn to "Yogi Bear"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Dan Aykroyd and Anna Faris are in negotiations to star in "Yogi Bear," a live-action/animated feature take on the classic Hanna-Barbera cartoon.
Faris will play a nature documentarian who follows the antics of a bear in fictional Jellystone Park. Aykroyd will voice Yogi, and Justin Timberlake could supply the voice of Yogi's constant companion, Boo Boo.
The project is set up at Warner Bros., which hopes to start production in New Zealand next month. Eric Brevig will direct.
Faris, who was last seen in front of the cameras with "Observe and Report," has been recently lending her voice for animated fare, including "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs" and "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel."
Aykroyd, who is working on a third "Ghostbusters" movie, was last seen on the screen in 2008's "War Inc."
Timberlake has been increasing his feature presence of late. He will be seen in the upcoming drama "Open Road," and recently signed to star in "The Social Network," the Facebook movie being directed by David Fincher.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this