- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- British soldier hacked to death in suspected Islamist attack
Rapper Lil' Boosie gets four years in prison
NEW YORK (Billboard) - Rapper Lil' Boosie was sentenced to four years in prison on Monday by a judge in Baton Rouge, La., for violating his probation, according to the city's CBS affiliate WAFB.
The rapper, whose real name is Torrence Hatch, was placed under house arrest with an ankle monitor after being convicted of drug and gun charges in September. But the monitor indicated that on more than one occasion that Hatch violated the terms of his release.
U.S. District Court Judge Chip Moore revoked Hatch's probation, and sent him to jail for four years, twice the originally envisaged term. He is expected to serve a maximum of two years now.
Hatch, 26, took a plea deal to a third-offense marijuana-possession charge in September in connection with an October 2008 arrest when police found a bag of marijuana, a blunt and a gun in a vehicle he was driving. The drug charge alone would have landed him in prison for 20 years, with a mandatory minimum of fives years for the gun charge.
After the plea, Moore ordered Hatch to be electronically monitored and to clear all concert dates with the court while awaiting sentencing.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this