Intel-AMD settlement won't change NY suit-source
NEW YORK Nov 12 (Reuters) - The settlement agreement between Intel Corp (INTC.O) and Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD.N) does not change a lawsuit filed against Intel last week by New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo, a source familiar with the matter said.
Cuomo accused Intel, the world's largest chipmaker, of threatening computer makers and paying billions of dollars in kickbacks to maintain its market dominance. The lawsuit said Intel violated state and federal antitrust law and monopolized the market for personal computer chips at the expense of AMD.
The source was not authorized to speak publicly on the matter and asked to remain anonymous. (Reporting by Steve Eder; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Libyan parliament sacks PM after tanker escapes rebel-held port