Algeria footballers hurt ahead of Egypt game
ALGIERS Nov 12 (Reuters) - Three players from Algeria's national football team were hurt on Thursday when stones were thrown at their bus as they arrived in Cairo for Saturday's World Cup qualifier with Egypt, Algeria's sports minister said.
Some of the injured players had been hospitalised, he said.
"It was a very regrettable incident," Hachemi Djiar Algeria's minister for youth and Sport told Algerian radio by telephone from the Egyptian capital.
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan |
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- EU agrees first broad sanctions on Russia; U.S. expected to follow
- Obama wrote Putin about violation of nuclear treaty -White House