Soccer-Egypt beat Algeria, force sudden death World Cup playoff
LONDON Nov 14 (Reuters) - Egypt beat Algeria 2-0 in their African qualifying Group C match in Cairo on Saturday with both teams finishing the campaign with identical records.
They will now face a sudden death playoff in Sudan on Wednesday to decide who goes through to next year's finals in South Africa. (Editing by Miles Evans; To query or comment on this story email@example.com)
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- Reporter allowed to keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting
- SEC votes to adopt Volcker rule to ban proprietary trading