U.S. confident on China's position on Iran
BEIJING (Reuters) - The United States is confident that China will have the same position on Iran as other world powers, Jeffrey Bader, a top adviser to President Barack Obama on Asia, said on Tuesday.
He made the comment after a meeting between Obama and his Chinese counterpart Hu Jintao.
Iran's disputed nuclear program is among the thorny issues on the table during Obama's trip to China, which maintains strong energy and economic ties with Iran.
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media