Egypt recalls ambassador in Algeria after soccer loss
CAIRO Nov 19 (Reuters) - Egypt recalled its ambassador from Algiers for consultations on Thursday, a day after its soccer team was blocked from entering the World Cup by Algeria, Egyptian state media said.
Egypt's state-run EGYNews website said Egypt was recalling the ambassador for consultations due to violence it said was carried out by Algerian fans against Egyptians after the tiebreaker match in Khartoum on Wednesday, in which Egypt lost 1-0. (Writing by Cynthia Johnston)
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source