US envoy Bosworth to North Korea on Dec. 8, says Obama
SEOUL Nov 19 (Reuters) - U.S. special envoy Stephen Bosworth will visit North Korea on Dec. 8 to discuss how to get Pyongyang to give up its nuclear weapons programme, U.S. President Barack Obama said on Thursday.
Bosworth's mission will be aimed at reviving comatose six-way talks on ending the North's nuclear ambitions in return for massive aid to repair its failed economy and better global standing for the largely ostracised state.
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear: police
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama