Sony to launch online entertainment service in 2010
TOKYO (Reuters) - Sony Corp said on Friday that its planned entertainment content distribution service for network-compatible TVs and other devices will be launched next year.
Sony plans to launch a new online service to distribute movies, music, books and other content to network-capable TVs, Blu-ray players, ebooks and others in a bid to add value to its hardware.
Sony Executive Vice President Kazuo Hirai also told reporters that he is confident sales of its PlayStation 3 game console will hit the official target of 13 million units in the year ending March 2010.
(Reporting by Kiyoshi Takenaka)
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media