Sony to launch online entertainment service in 2010
TOKYO (Reuters) - Sony Corp said on Friday that its planned entertainment content distribution service for network-compatible TVs and other devices will be launched next year.
Sony plans to launch a new online service to distribute movies, music, books and other content to network-capable TVs, Blu-ray players, ebooks and others in a bid to add value to its hardware.
Sony Executive Vice President Kazuo Hirai also told reporters that he is confident sales of its PlayStation 3 game console will hit the official target of 13 million units in the year ending March 2010.
(Reporting by Kiyoshi Takenaka)
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |
Thousands line up to say goodbye to Nelson Mandela, whose body is lying in state in Pretoria. Slideshow