eBay says fixes search glitch on website
NEW YORK (Reuters) - eBay Inc said on Sunday it had restored a search function on its website overnight Saturday after a glitch led to searches returning either limited or no results throughout the day.
The technical issue on eBay.com resulted from a surge in live listings as sellers ramped up for the holiday season, the global e-commerce and payments company said in an e-mailed statement.
It also said it has more than 200 million live listings, or 33 percent more than at this time a year ago.
The technical issue, once identified, was easily fixed and implemented across the site's servers on Saturday afternoon and evening, eBay said.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |