UPDATE 1-Carl's Jr. restaurants serving Coke's vitaminwater
CHICAGO Nov 24 (Reuters) - CKE Restaurants Inc CKR.N said on Tuesday that it is now selling three flavors of Coca-Cola Co's (KO.N) vitaminwater at all of its Carl's Jr. restaurants, as both companies try to reignite sales.
Coke is working on revitalizing sales in the United States after consumers cut back on buying soft drinks, bottled water and other beverages in the downturn.
Meanwhile CKE, which also runs the Hardee's chain, has seen sales at its existing restaurants fall in recent months as diners opt to eat at home or choose restaurants with lower-priced meals, such as McDonald's Corp (MCD.N).
The restaurant operator said vitaminwater xxx, vitaminwater revive and vitaminwater essential will be priced at $1.69 per 16-ounce bottle at most of Carl's Jr.'s 1,212 locations.
Carl's Jr. restaurants have served other Coke products since 1981. (Reporting by Jessica Wohl; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn) ((firstname.lastname@example.org +1 312 408 8132; Reuters Messaging: email@example.com;)) ((See blogs.reuters.com/shop-talk/ for Shop Talk -- Reuters' retail and consumer blog.))
- Abbas-led Palestinian body backs Hamas truce demands in Gaza |
- UPDATE 4-Train carrying MH17 bodies reaches government-held Ukrainian city
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- Microsoft sees end to Nokia losses, shares rise after hours