UPDATE 1-Carl's Jr. restaurants serving Coke's vitaminwater
CHICAGO Nov 24 (Reuters) - CKE Restaurants Inc CKR.N said on Tuesday that it is now selling three flavors of Coca-Cola Co's (KO.N) vitaminwater at all of its Carl's Jr. restaurants, as both companies try to reignite sales.
Coke is working on revitalizing sales in the United States after consumers cut back on buying soft drinks, bottled water and other beverages in the downturn.
Meanwhile CKE, which also runs the Hardee's chain, has seen sales at its existing restaurants fall in recent months as diners opt to eat at home or choose restaurants with lower-priced meals, such as McDonald's Corp (MCD.N).
The restaurant operator said vitaminwater xxx, vitaminwater revive and vitaminwater essential will be priced at $1.69 per 16-ounce bottle at most of Carl's Jr.'s 1,212 locations.
Carl's Jr. restaurants have served other Coke products since 1981. (Reporting by Jessica Wohl; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn) ((firstname.lastname@example.org +1 312 408 8132; Reuters Messaging: email@example.com;)) ((See blogs.reuters.com/shop-talk/ for Shop Talk -- Reuters' retail and consumer blog.))
- India trims perks for U.S. staff in dispute over envoy's New York arrest
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia |
- The Fabulously Entrepreneurial Life of Ronnie Biggs