Abbas says to stay on until next Palestinian vote
SANTIAGO Nov 25 (Reuters) - Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said on Wednesday he plans to stay on his post until the next election is held, but repeated he will not run for reelection.
"At any time we have the election I will go away and will not run," Abbas told reporters in the Chilean capital Santiago.
Palestinian authorities have said the election, which has been scheduled for Jan. 24, had been postponed.
(Reporting by Simon Gardner; Editing by Sandra Maler) ((email@example.com; +562-370-4250; Reuters Messaging: firstname.lastname@example.org))
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- U.S. regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule