UPDATE 1-Hot Topic November comp sales fall more than expected
* Nov same-store sales down 11.7 pct
* Nov total sales down 10 pct to $55.3 mln
* Shares dip 4 pct in pre-market trade
Dec 2 (Reuters) - Teen clothing retailer Hot Topic Inc HOTT.O posted a bigger-than-expected drop in same-store sales in November, sending its shares down 4 percent in pre-market trade.
The company, which sells edgy, Goth-inspired clothing, as well as music and accessories, posted a 11.7 percent drop in sales at stores open at least a year, worse than its own estimate of a decline of 8 percent to 11 percent.
Ten analysts on average were expecting a drop of 7.8 percent, according to Thomson Reuters data.
In November, which represents the start of the crucial selling season, comparable sales at the company's namesake stores were down 14.5 percent.
Total sales for the month fell 10 percent to $55.3 million.
Shares of the California-based company were down 4 percent at $5.41 in pre-market trade Wednesday. They closed at $5.61 Tuesday on Nasdaq. (Reporting by Nivedita Bhattacharjee in Bangalore; Editing by Anne Pallivathuckal) ((firstname.lastname@example.org ; within U.S. +1 646223 8780; Outside U.S. +91 804135 5800; Reuters messaging: email@example.com))
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- New Russia sanctions threats as Ukraine stalemate goes on |
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official
- Florida man charged with murdering son so he could play video games