Korean Air to buy five Boeing 747-8s worth $1.5 bln
SEOUL Dec 4 (Reuters) - Korean Air (003490.KS), South Korea's top airline, said on Friday it would purchase five Boeing (BA.N) 747-8 Intercontinental jetliners worth $1.5 billion at list prices.
Korean Air became the first Asian airline to order the passenger version of the fuel-efficient 747-8, its statement said. Korean Air, the world's biggest air cargo carrier, already has arrangements to operate seven 747-8 freighters. (Reporting by Rhee So-eui and Shin Jieun; Editing by Jonathan Hopfner) ((firstname.lastname@example.org; +82 2 3704 5650; Reuters Messaging: email@example.com)) ((If you have a query or comment on this story, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org))
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data