Korean Air to buy five Boeing 747-8s worth $1.5 bln
SEOUL Dec 4 (Reuters) - Korean Air (003490.KS), South Korea's top airline, said on Friday it would purchase five Boeing (BA.N) 747-8 Intercontinental jetliners worth $1.5 billion at list prices.
Korean Air became the first Asian airline to order the passenger version of the fuel-efficient 747-8, its statement said. Korean Air, the world's biggest air cargo carrier, already has arrangements to operate seven 747-8 freighters. (Reporting by Rhee So-eui and Shin Jieun; Editing by Jonathan Hopfner) ((email@example.com; +82 2 3704 5650; Reuters Messaging: firstname.lastname@example.org)) ((If you have a query or comment on this story, send an email to email@example.com))
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Thai PM proposes referendum on her future as protesters prepare big push
- Ukraine opposition rally keeps pressure on Yanukovich