- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Justice Department defends journalist email search
US Oct freight index lowest for Oct since 1996
WASHINGTON Dec 9 (Reuters) - The U.S. Freight Transportation Index fell in October to its lowest level for October since 1996, as industry shipments decreased for two months in a row, the 536870913 542405217
Shipments suffered their biggest October year-on-year decline, falling 10.5 percent, since the department began calculating the index 20 years ago.
The Freight TSI measures the month-to-month changes in freight shipments in ton-miles, which are then combined into one index.
The index measures the output of the for-hire freight transportation industry and consists of data from for-hire trucking, rail, inland waterways, pipelines and air freight. A ton-mile re 536870913 1886545267 (Reporting by Jasmin Melvin; Editing by Neil Stempleman)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this