Nigeria's Intercontinental posts 447 bln naira loss
LAGOS Dec 11 (Reuters) - Nigeria's Intercontinental Bank INBK.LG on Friday posted a pre-tax loss of 447.45 billion naira ($3 billion) for the seven months to September, hit by exceptional items of 437 billion naira.
The bank, one of nine rescued in a $4 billion bailout earlier this year, said gross earnings in the period reached 119.77 billion naira.
Intercontinental is changing its financial year to the calendar year in line with a central bank directive to establish a uniform reporting period across the banking sector, meaning year-ago comparisons were not immediately available. (For more Reuters Africa coverage and to have your say on the top issues, visit: af.reuters.com/ ) (Reporting by Oludare Mayowa; Writing by Nick Tattersall)
- Obama unveils U.S. immigration reform, setting up fight with Republicans |
- Officials make preparations for Ferguson grand jury decision |
- More arrests as protesters await Ferguson grand jury decision
- U.S., Iran discussing new ideas to break nuclear impasse: sources
- 'Immoral, but not illegal': metal warehousing games in the spotlight