Nigeria's Springbank posts 23 bln naira pre-tax loss
LAGOS Dec 11 (Reuters) - Nigeria's Springbank SPRN.LG on Friday posted a pre-tax loss of 23.3 billion naira ($155 mln) for the five months to September, hit by provisions of 18.16 billion naira following a central bank audit of the sector.
The bank, one of nine rescued in a $4 billion bailout earlier this year, said gross earnings in the period reached 9.29 billion naira.
Springbank is changing its financial year to the calendar year in line with a central bank directive to establish a uniform reporting period across the banking sector, meaning year-ago comparisons were not immediately available. (For more Reuters Africa coverage and to have your say on the top issues, visit: af.reuters.com/ ) (Reporting by Oludare Mayowa; Writing by Nick Tattersall)
- Search planes scour sea for missing Malaysian jetliner |
- Timeline: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official