Hewlett-Packard eyes Africa for customer support
MARRAKESH, Morocco (Reuters) - Computer group Hewlett-Packard is looking to Africa as a potential platform for technical support for its customers elsewhere in the world, said its managing director Rainer Koch.
"We see Africa as a potential base for providing all sort of services and technical support for customers outside of Africa," he told Reuters on the sidelines of conference in the Moroccan city of Marrakesh on development of African cities.
"We plan to invest more in the future on the continent on that perspective," Koch added.
He said by end of next year at least 1,000 people will be working for HP in North Africa to support customers abroad. (Reporting by Diabie Ba; Editing by David Holmes)
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people |
- REFILE-UPDATE 3-Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- China helping locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane: TV
- China says no room for compromise with Japan on history, territory