UPDATE 1-Roper Industries to offer 2.3 mln common shares
* To use proceeds to reduce debt relating to Verathon buy
* Says inclusion in S&P500 effective after close Tuesday
Dec 21 (Reuters) - Roper Industries Inc (ROP.N) said it will publicly offer 2.3 million common shares as it looks to reduce debt associated with its acquisition of Verathon Inc.
The diversified manufacturer also said its inclusion in the S&P 500 index .SPX will become effective after trading on the New York Stock Exchange closes on Tuesday.
J.P. Morgan and Goldman Sachs & Co are joint book-runners for the offering, Roper said in a statement.
Shares of the Sarasota, Florida-based company closed at $54.19 Friday on the New York Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Fareha Khan in Bangalore; Editing by Unnikrishnan Nair)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'