UPDATE 1-Roper Industries to offer 2.3 mln common shares
* To use proceeds to reduce debt relating to Verathon buy
* Says inclusion in S&P500 effective after close Tuesday
Dec 21 (Reuters) - Roper Industries Inc (ROP.N) said it will publicly offer 2.3 million common shares as it looks to reduce debt associated with its acquisition of Verathon Inc.
The diversified manufacturer also said its inclusion in the S&P 500 index .SPX will become effective after trading on the New York Stock Exchange closes on Tuesday.
J.P. Morgan and Goldman Sachs & Co are joint book-runners for the offering, Roper said in a statement.
Shares of the Sarasota, Florida-based company closed at $54.19 Friday on the New York Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Fareha Khan in Bangalore; Editing by Unnikrishnan Nair)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data