US Treasury uncaps credit line for Fannie, Freddie
WASHINGTON Dec 24 (Reuters) - The Obama administration pledged on Thursday to back beleaguered mortgage finance giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac no matter how big their losses may be in the next three years.
Treasury also said it would not require, nor expect, the two agencies to reduce the size of their mortgage-related investment portfolios next year, as they had previously been required to do. (Reporting by Corbett B. Daly and Emily Kaiser; editing by neil.Stempleman)
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Libya threatens to bomb North Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port