U.S. says Delta flight incident terrorism related
KAILUA, HAWAII (Reuters) - The United States believes an incident, which news reports said involved a small explosion aboard a Delta flight arriving in Detroit was terrorism related, a White House official said on Friday.
"We believe this was an attempted act of terrorism," a White House official told Reuters on condition of anonymity.
President Barack Obama is on vacation in Hawaii and was closely monitoring the situation.
- India trims perks for U.S. staff in dispute over envoy's New York arrest
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia |
- The Fabulously Entrepreneurial Life of Ronnie Biggs