India's Reliance eyeing $588 mln share sale-report
MUMBAI Jan 7 (Reuters) - Energy major Reliance Industries (RELI.BO) may sell existing shares to institutions to raise about 26.75 billion rupees ($588 million) over the next few weeks, the Business Standard newspaper said, citing unnamed sources.
Reliance on Monday raised $577 million through a share sale, the second big equity fund raising in under four months for India's largest listed company as it looks to buy bankrupt petrochemicals firm LyondellBasell. [ID:nSGE60304C]
Analysts and dealers have said the company may look to raise more funds through another share sale.
Reliance may sell the shares at a discount of 2-4 percent, and bankers had started talks with institutions, the Business Standard said, citing two unidentified investment bankers.
Shares in Reliance closed at closed at 1,088.80 rupees on Wednesday.
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Easter truce |
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |